President Trump will launch his own social media platform in the next few months, according to his long-time adviser Jason Miller. The former president had hinted at launching his own social media platform in February in a phone interview with news outlet NewsMax.
Miller, who was part of the 2016 Trump campaign and a senior adviser in the 2020 re-election campaign, confirmed Trump’s plan to launch his own social media platform in an interview on Fox News’ Media Buzz on Sunday.
“I do think we’re going to see President Trump returning to social media in probably about two or three months here with his own platform,” Miller said. “This is something that I think will be the hottest ticket in social media.
“It’s going to completely redefine the game, and everybody is going to be waiting and watching to see what exactly President Trump does, but it will be his own platform,” he added.
Miller did not go into details on what the social media platform would look like. However, he told “Media Buzz” host Howard Kurtz that Trump had held meetings at his residence in Mar-a-Lago with “numerous companies” interested in his plans to launch a new social media platform.
In the aftermath of the Jan 6 riots, which he was accused of inciting, Trump was banned from most mainstream social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
Since then, he has been communicating in short statements released by his office. Most of the statements are the length of tweets, and are easily shareable on his previous favorite mode of communicating with fans.
Considering his popularity Trump’s platform would not have a problem of attracting users. Meanwhile, one of his biggest fans, Mike Lindell, the CEO of MyPillow, is also working on a social media platform, which he said would launch in coming weeks.