Game developer Atlus has been criticized for its strict streaming rules on many of its previous titles and today when it released Persona 5 Royal, gamers once again raised concerns about some of the guidelines Atlus has put in place for streamers.
The guidelines which Atlus expects streamers to adhere to when playing the game are:
- Please appropriately mark spoilers if sharing story content.
- Include the copyright logos ©ATLUS ©SEGA.
- Stick to normal streaming guidelines, such as do not slander the game or other players.
- Please do not make BGM videos.
- Most of all, enjoy Persona 5 Royal!
Many gamers have mocked the guidelines on Twitter with some suggesting that the “do not slander the game” part of the guidelines may be used to clamp down on criticism of the game.
While certain parts of these guidelines are raising concern among gamers, the guidelines aren’t as restrictive as some of Atlus’ previous streaming rules.
The conditions for streaming Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers were much more extensive and drew the ire of players for prohibiting the use of personal capture cards and for preventing players from sharing anything about the game’s ending.
If you're tired of censorship and dystopian threats against civil liberties, subscribe to Reclaim The Net.